10/28/14

Top 10 Tuesday!

Happy Halloween week all! I LOVE this time of year, there is just so much excitement! Plus, its almost my birthday, which even if we did nothing at all, always feels like a special day.

Since I've been home with my little peanut, we've really been trying to find our own little routine (read: I've been trying to figure out some sort of routine, he clearly doesn't care....so we run on his schedule haha) One of the more challenging things to coordinate has been eating. I know that sounds crazy, however, there have been days when I've looked at the clock, seen that its almost 5pm and realized I have not even thunk about dinner, nor have I eaten lunch! Pre baby I LOVED being in the kitchen. I also loved preparing each night for the next day, well all of that sort of went out the window with my tiny, kicking, screaming, always hungry nugget. Now that we know each other a little better, I have become an expert at racing around the house when I sense he's having a good long nap. Those good long naps are far and few between these days and my boy likes to be entertained, loves walks and moving around! So sitting for a while and watching me whip around the house is not his idea of a good time. Luckily I can always get a good chunk of time around 9pm.

So the key here is preparation, organization and easy foods that I can eat one handed haha. Some of the things I've really been enjoying are: greek yogurt, apples ('tis the season!), cheese (when don't I enjoy cheese) mini bagels (thank you target), mini apple pitas (thank you loblaws - yes, I have a small obsession with mini things! So cute!) pre cut and washed veggies, crackers, oatmeal, muffins and breakfast shakes. I learned quickly that if I didn't try to prepare these things and have them on hand, I would eat crap or not eat at all. Which would make me feel like crap, funny how that works.

For dinners, I have been really good at trying new recipes, thank you pinterest! My crockpot has been my bestie these last few weeks. Which brings me to my Top 10, here are my favorite recipes I've tried over the last few weeks:

Apple Crumb Muffins

*I ditched the glaze myself, I found they lasted about 5-6 days!

Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins

*This recipe is for bread, I found muffins were easier to grab, so I didn't change the recipe at all, just the baking time - approximately 23 minutes.

Cinnamon French Toast Sticks


*Sweet mother, these were a treat, but didn't take long at all! And were totally easy to eat one handed, thanks to the stick formation!

Crockpot Honey Apple Pork

Italian Chicken

One Pan Taco Noodles

Loaded Baked Potato Soup

Parmesean Veggie & Chicken Penne

*I changed up the recipe for this a bit, I used penne and added in peppers and chicken. Delish! And was great the next day!

Smashed Potatoes

*so easy & so yummy!

And of course, when in doubt, PIZZA!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover