9/25/13

Weddi-quette Wednesday

Hi Y'all! Tomorrow is when the craziness really gets going, so you may not hear from me for a little bit. Since one of my all time favorite posts on this blog was about being thankful, I thought I would fast forward a few weeks, since I will be back after thanksgiving, to share with you what I am thankful for this year.

This year has truly been one of the best, most rewarding years of my life. I got married, got a new job, bought a house and was lucky enough to witness people I love growing in their own lives. Babies were born, weddings are happening, love is everywhere!

I am so thankful for my new husband and the life we've begun together. I am thankful for my beautiful family, especially all of the new, snuggly additions! I am thankful for my new job, while its got its ups and downs, moving to a new place and leaving the old behind, its certianly helped us be able to get our new, sweet little home. I am VERY thankful for my new home, my own little space in the world, my own little pinterest project and place to host all of the people I love most. I am thankful to be planning some very special events for my bestie! I am thankful for rekindled friendships and only focusing on the positive and long email and phone chats with my beautiful friend the novice goddess. I'm thankful for the amazing authors I discovered this year, the time spent up north this summer, the delicious recipes I tried! Like I said, its been a pretty great year.

I'm also thankful for all of the lessons I learned. Getting married was one of the most stressful, emotional, amazing things I've ever experienced. I felt extra pressure, being the 'wedding girl', to deliver. I know, I know, practice what I preach. The most important part of our big day was definately the fact that we were married and that showed. The planning, the budgeting, the time limitations, all of those things added up became too much sometimes, especially the day of when I, along with my bridal party were up bright and early to continue set up for that evening. I was very careful to remind myself that this was an exciting time, this was a one time deal and I should enjoy every moment, hard or easy. Honestly is best though and I want other people going through this time in their lives to understand it is normal to feel this way. Its a super emotional time, no matter what your personality. I learned that it is ok to feel this way, its ok to ask for help, to be very thankful to those that have helped so much. I've learned that marriage itself can be hard some days, it can also be the most rewarding thing other days. Anything in your life that is worth something is work, hard work.

So I am thankful to have learned all of these lessons and more that I won't bore you with today. I am thankful for all of the supportive people in my life. I am thankful for love!













I wish you all a very wonderful next few weeks. I hope you all take some time to think about what you're thankful for and what makes you happy. I hope you all enjoy the upcoming family time and I'm looking forward to coming back refreshed, relaxed and hopefully a little tanned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover