7/4/13

Trendy Thursday!

Hello readers! I know, I know, where have I been?! Lets just say, things have gotten a little crazy in my life. You'd think with the wedding being over and done with, things would progressively slow down and life would get back to a nice easy pace. Not for me! As I mentioned in my last post, I got a new job! Yay! Almost 2 weeks in and so far, so good! Starting a new job can be scary, nerve wracking and exciting all at the same time! That is definately the range of emotions I've felt over the last few weeks. It was hard to leave my former job, I really loved the people there. It was hard to not go to work with my husband and bestie every day. But, I have to remember, most people don't even get the chance to work with either and I have the opportunity to work with both.

Sadly, the things I love most, like writing, have fallen to the wayside over the past 2 weeks (this could also be because I just discovered Game of Thrones, OBSESSED!) Have no fear, I am settling in to more of a routine (and almost finished the most recent season of Game of Thrones) so I'm hoping this lends to some more time to write! I'm off to a cottage for our annual week filled with family, sunshine and TONS of great books! I just finished Jen Lancaster's "The Tao of Martha". Do yourself a favor and pick it up. It was filled with such heartwarming stories, some sad and filled with emotion, some hilarious. She is just such an honest writer you feel like you're sharing coffee with a friend. And dedicating a year to do all things Martha?? Sounds right up my alley!

My goal next weekend is to really get the blog up and running again. I've decided to start doing things a little bit differently. I still love weddings, like, ALOT. What I've also realized over the past year, which I truly already knew, is I love all "milestone" parties and celebrations. Be it showers, anniversaries, birthday's, you name it, I probably love it. So, in attempting to move forward and make this little part of the world bigger and better then it already is, I will be blogging about all of those events as well. Hopefully I can share all sorts of ideas about menu's, crafts, trends, ettiquette. All of the same stuff you've come to know and love with weddings, with a little bit more variety. Have no fear, the wedding girl is here to stay, wedding's will always be my number one, but branching out is always fun!

So, I hope you all have a sunshine filled weekend of relaxation and laughter! Come on back in a week for some fun summer wedding shower idea's! Not to make anyone jealous, but my view for the week will be something like this:
Thanks for the photo Pinterest. For more delightful cottage photo's, check out my cottage inspired page on Pinterest! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover