4/16/13

Sending my love to Boston.

Good Morning Readers,

I am not feeling overly Top 10 Tuesday-ish today. I am sure by now everyone has heard about the tragedy that took place in Boston yesterday. I don't know if it is because I am going there in a couple of weeks or because it is just another senseless act of hatred, but I am feeling incredibly saddened by this event. I spent a long time last night, laying in bed, thinking about all of the families that will have been affected by this. People who woke up yesterday to go and watch an exciting event, are now laying in hospital beds without limbs, family members are worried sick because they haven't heard from a loved one yet, parents are mourning the loss of a child that didn't get the chance to grow up and the biggest thing on everyone's mind...why?

Well, I obviously don't know why, I don't know who would feel the need to do such an awful thing, but what I do know is good always prevails...always. I've always thought the most interesting thing about tragic events is the way the human population rallies around one another. There are hundreds of photo's of people rushing to help perfect strangers, risking their lives, opening their homes, giving away their things. Its not even something that gets discussed or really even thought about, its just the first reaction. What a powerful message to throw in the face of those that hate, love is louder. We need to take this beautiful message and use it everyday though. Think of how beautiful the world would be with all of that constant love and positivity, not just when something terrible happens.

I know its way easier said then done. It's like saying to remember to live each day to the fullest, to always say I love you, to always take the higher road and do the right thing. Sure, those things are easy to remember in the wake of losing a loved one or a tragedy such as Sandy Hook or 9/11. Imagine how much happier the world would be if we tried to make this more front and centre? Eradicating hate and negativity is not a new concept by any stretch, people have been attempting to do it for centuries. There has just been a constant slew of reminders lately that hate is still prevalent. Between bombings, shootings, bullying and suicide that seems to be front and centre in the media, its no wonder happiness and positivity is low. We need to celebrate all of the love that has encased this tragedy and send our prayers to the families that desperately need it. So today, if you're reading this, send some love and positivity to Boston, send it to whatever war torn, poverty stricken country you think needs it, send it to the kid that is getting bullied at school, send it wherever you want, just do it. Take a moment to put life into perspective and think about all of the nastiness out there, trust me when I say that even though you're just one person, your love will make a difference.

If you've made it this far, thanks for reading :) I'll be back tomorrow with wedding related goodies, but for today...send that love!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover