1/18/12

Weddi-quette Wednesday!

So you're engaged, now what? Many brides start thinking this about 2 weeks after the engagement. The excitement is settling down a bit, now you're left with the wonderfully, amazing thought, "I have a wedding to plan!" So what is the etiquette on what should be happening first?? What are the rules around the first few steps to get the ball rolling?

It's pretty simple actually, usually you've given yourself about a year or so, in my case it'll be about a year and 5 months. So you don't have to start panicking by any means! Get excited!!! You are marrying the love of your life, I can't stop walking around with this big, dumb grin on my face, people must think I'm high. First thing is first, decide on what your budget is going to look like. This is KEY! From there come up with a loose guest list and see if you can accommodate all of the folks you'd like there on your budget, most likely you will have to cut a few people, that's just the way it has to go. From there, decide on your wedding party. This is going to be one of my favorite tasks, of course, I've already decided, now I am just having fun deciding how to ask them! Which I unfortunately cannot share on here, until I do so, because they all read it!

Once you've figured out those big things, you can start to imagine where you'd like it and what you want it to look like. The main thing is, DON'T START STRESSING. Enjoy the moment, I remind myself everyday, when I wake up, getting engaged only happens once! (Sometimes more then that of course). But, for most, only once. So soak up every minute of it and enjoy being on cloud 9!

Beyond that there is no etiquette on what needs to be done in the first month or so, remember, you have time, everything will get done, don't rush the process!

Stay tuned next week, I will tell the fabulous story of my engagement! Have a wonderful rest of the week readers!

1 comment:

  1. Woooo can't wait to hear/ read the whole story! I'm totally disconnected from you since I got rid of my blackberry :(

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover