10/22/13

Top 10 Tuesday!

Its that time of year again! Grab a blanket, a hot beverage of your choice, an amazing book and snuggle in! Back by popular demand (don't ask for my definition of popular though) is the wedding girl's Top 10 Fall Reading List! Some I've read and obviously highly recommend, other's I cannot wait to consume!

Lets get to it!

The Husbands Secret, by Liane Moriarty

There's my very own copy! This book is so addicting, in the best kind of way! I stumbled across this little gem in Hawaii and have since seen 49302850 other people raving about it! Do yourself a favor and run to the nearest bookstore. The premise of thes story is that a woman finds a letter that was intended for her to read after her husband passed away, the problem is, he is still alive. She reads it, obviously! I won't tell you anymore, but the story is obviously intriguing, the writing is beautifully done and the characters are genuine. LOVED IT!

The First Affair, by Emma McLaughlin & Nicola Kraus

This novel is by the same genuis' that wrote "The Nanny Diaries" one of my all time favs! Obviously I was all over this book, its happily waiting for me on my kindle! This book is about a polictical intern that has an unexpected encounter with the president one evening...how very Monica Lewinsky! Like I said, I haven't read it quite yet, but am sure I won't be disappointed!

The Longest Ride, by Nicolas Sparks

If you know me at all, you know I pre-ordered this bad boy before it was even out on the market. I am a huge Nicholas Sparks fan, so this one obviously made the list! I think I loved it just a little bit more, because I had the pleasure of reading it poolside in Hawaii! His newest book is a truly interesting story, with a beautiful ending. It intersects three main character's, its a love story and there is some intrigue, what's not to love!? If you've enjoyed his past books, this one is every bit as good!

Allegiant, by Veronica Roth

Allegiant is the third and final installment of the Divergent trilogy. If you liked Hunger Games, you will love this series! SO. GOOD! I am so sad it is ending, but I can't wait to read it! It hits the book stores today! And believe me when I say I will have a copy this week!

The Fall of Five, by Pittacus Lore
The Fall of Five is the fourth novel in the I am Number Four series. It continues following the Lorien crew battling in their quest to keep earth safe. Wow, that sounds incredibly dorky. Honestly I really enjoy this series, there's a little bit of something for everyone and it definately keeps you on your toes! The twist at the end is excellent!

The Last Camellia, by Sarah Jio


Sarah Jio's lastest book is a mystery that spans over one hundred years. It all centres around a rare camellia bloom, but there are other secrets hidden in dark places. I am currently reading this book right now and really loving it. If you haven't read any of Sarah's books, they're all amazing! The Bungalow and Violets of March are my favorites, but this one might knock those outta the park! Sarah writes with such detail you feel like you can smell the flowers, feel the rain and are genuinely creeped out sometimes.

The Wednesday Daughters, by Meg Waite Clayton

I'm a big believer in reading reviews and if I see the name of an author that I love, praising a book, believe you me, I'm picking that bad boy up! This book has garnered a ton of great reviews, its a story about the relationship between mothers, daughters and sisters. They are secrets and arguments and a whole lot of love, apparently! This is definately on my fall reading list!

The Widow Waltz, by Sally Koslow
Another book I haven't had a chance to pick up yet and another book entwined in secrets! Can you tell what kind of book I like?! This story follows a women with a picture perfect life...until her husband drops dead that is. I love a good book like this where the heroine is forced to pick herself up, dust herself off and figure herself out!

Tempting Fate, by Jane Green


OK, so this is a bit of a cheat, since this book isn't out until the spring. However, I had the pleasure of talking to Jane Green over the phone, talk about a fan girl moment and she shared what this new book is about! It sounds amazing! Essentially the main character has a bit of a midlife crisis of sorts and at 43 feels like her youth is quickly running out...until someone makes her feel otherwise. As always I am sure this book will be packed with heartfelt emotion and I cannot wait to read it!

The Hyponotist's Love Story, by Liane Moriarty

And finally, since I LOVED The Husband's Secret so much, I've decided to add another one of Liane Moriarty's book's to the list. Here's a little secret, all of her other books are currently sitting on my "yes please" list! But, I won't obsessively put them all up on here. This story sounds particularily interesting to me. I took the exerpt from amazon, because it was too twisted to even try to summerize. Ellen O’Farrell is a professional hypnotherapist who works out of the eccentric beachfront home she inherited from her grandparents. It’s a nice life, except for her tumultuous relationship history. She’s stoic about it, but at this point, Ellen wouldn’t mind a lasting one. When she meets Patrick, she’s optimistic. He’s attractive, single, employed, and best of all, he seems to like her back. Then comes that dreaded moment: He thinks they should have a talk.

Braced for the worst, Ellen is pleasantly surprised. It turns out that Patrick’s ex-girlfriend is stalking him. Ellen thinks, Actually, that’s kind of interesting. She’s dating someone worth stalking. She’s intrigued by the woman’s motives. In fact, she’d even love to meet her.

Ellen doesn’t know it, but she already has.

Oh my god, right?! Sounds so good!

I hope you've enjoyed this edition of the wedding girls reading list! Happy (and cozy) fall reading wishes to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover