2/14/13

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!

I LOVE today! I have always loved valentine's day, whether I am with someone or alone. It is such a fun, pink filled day! My parents, especially my Mom, always made valentine's day super special in our house. We would wake up to a valentine and little treat, accompained by heart shaped pancakes. One year when we were really young, my Mom even tried to dye the pancakes...that's dedication. I will eagerly carry that tradition on because I think it's important! I also adored making valentine's for school and setting up my little mailbox at the end of my desk to see what goodies I would recieve. Mr. Wedding Girl never disappoints on such a special day! I don't want all of the usual flowers, chocolates or jewelry, that stuff is better on just a regular day, for no reason. But, I do LOVE card and he always manages to surprise me with a better one every year.

I think it is important to tell the people in your life you love them all the time. Valentine's doesn't have to be a money spending holiday, I say use it as your excuse to bring a little cheer to people! If you all are full of love and romace go all Tom Cruise jumping and down on Oprah's couch if you want, that is totally ok today!

With all of that being said, I am thankful that I have such a wonderful, supportive, handsome Valentine, I am excited that this is only our 3rd together and we have many, many more to look forward to. I love him more and more everyday. So happy I've truly found my other half! (and I am allowed to say that on here, so there better not be anyone making barfing noises reading this!)

This was our first valentine's together! Skating on the canal in Ottawa! :)

I hope you all have a wonderful valentine and remember, do something nice for someone, it will fill you up with all sorts of jolly, loving feelings! I will leave with this story that warmed my whole heart, this is what its all about...
Ohh Sue from Houston, you married the right man!






1 comment:

  1. Happy Valentine's Day! That little story made me cry (although that's not a huge surprise), but seriously it warmed my heart xo

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover