10/2/12

Top 10 Tuesday!

Now that it is officially getting into the Fall season (my FAVORITE!) I thought it would be a great time to share my Top 10 Book Picks for this season! There is nothing better then crawling under a big cozy blanket, with a cup of tea, on a chilly Fall day. So, with that in mind, here is what I am most excited about:

The Book Thief, by Markus Zusak
I know this book isn't new, but for some reason it is getting a lot of publicity these days. This book is about a little girl, living in Hitler's Germany. I don't want to give away too much of the plot, but the basis of the book is all about the power of words. Sounds so intriguing!
Blackberry Winter, by Sarah Jio
Sarah Jio's latest novel just hit shelves last week. If you haven't read her first 2 books "Violets of March" and "The Bungalow" I urge you to pick those up. I read "Violets of March" in one night, I could not put it down! Sarah writes beautiful, historical novels that always leave you wanting more! I am sure her latest book will leave me with the same feelings! I was so impressed to hear Sarah has already signed 2 more book deals and is currently writing her fifth novel! Thank the lord!

Between You and Me: A Novel, by Emma McLaughling & Nicola Kraus
Between You and Me is written by the same masterminds behind one of my all time favorite books, "The Nanny Diaries". This story is loosely based on the story of Britney Spears, from the point of view of her assistant, so I am told. Sounds juicy. I've always wondered what kind of lives these assistants lead, I'm sure it's not as glamorous or fun as it sounds. These 2 ladies are wonderful, honest writers! Seriously looking forward to downloading this to my sweet Kindle!

The Secret Keeper, by Kate Morton
Oh. My. God. I have been waiting, what feels like forever, for Kate's new book to emerge. I checked her website all the time, praying for something new to be there, finally it was! Kate is one of the best historical mystery story tellers out there. She keeps you guessing at every single turn. I am positive this book will be no different! Her books generally span over large time periods, intermingling characters and highlighting dark family secrets. Need I say more? Tell me this isn't the perfect book for a blustery Fall afternoon!

Always Something There to Remind Me, by Beth Harribson
Beth is another one of my favs! Mr. wedding girl actually just bought me Beth's other novel "When In Doubt Add Butter" because it had cupcakes on the front. I can't tell if I have a problem or that is the cutest thing I've ever heard, but I digress. Beth is the lady! She hits all of the emotional points in a novel and she is a hoot! If you're into chick lit and you haven't read Beth, take a good look in the mirror and then go out and buy anything by Beth Harbison, you won't regret it!

The Mystery of Mercy Close, by Marian Keyes

Just stop it already! All of my favorites are coming out of the woodwork with new novels this month! It's like winning the lottery! Marian took a leave of absence, from the book writing world to deal with personal issues. Thank the lord she's writing again or I'd have some of my own personal issues to deal with. Marian is AMAZING (in one word). Not only does she make you want to go directly to Ireland on the next flight out, she knows how to tell a funny story.

Causal Vacancy, by JK Rowling
Am I excited about reading the newest offering from the mastermind behind Harry Potter is like asking Victoria Beckham if she hates smiling, the obvious answer is YES! I know this is not part of the Hogwarts series, but that's OK, I am so looking forward to seeing what she brings with this new world of Pagford, England! My birthday is coming up in a month...just sayin'!

Celebrate, by Pippa Middleton
I know this isn't a novel, but come on now, a book about party throwing inspirations, recipes and crafts by the sister of the soon to be Queen? YES PLEASE! I think that the Middleton sisters and I would be great friends and I need to brush up on my british party throwing techniques for when I head over to England.

Good Enough to Eat, by Stacey Ballis
The cover of the book just screams Fall, doesn't it? This is a story about a woman on a journey to find herself, after her life goes awry. I love those books, I genuinely gain interest in the characters well being and want them to find happiness! Stacey's books have been on my list for a while, I think its the perfect time to pick on up!

Wild, by Cheryl Strayed
This is another story of a woman's personal journey. She literally packs up and leaves everything behind to travel the Pacific Crest Trail, on her own. Talk about brave! This was optioned as a recent Oprah Book Club pick!

There you have it folks, another edition of the wedding girl's Top 10 Fall Reads! I hope you've enjoyed it and end up picking up one or all of these fabulous authors!

You only have one more day for the stamp contest, so don't forget to enter!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Jess! I've been looking for recommendations for some good books - this is perfect.

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover