11/30/11

Weddi-quette Wednesday!

Good Afternoon!

As mentioned yesterday, I attended the One of a Kind Show last week with my lovely Mom. My favorite thing to look at were all of the neat (and extremely detailed!) cards and invitations. They were gorgeous! I told my Mom that I would LOVE to have the time to create something as beautiful as the ones I saw.

One of the most important aspects of a wedding is inviting your guests! Sure invitations might not seem that important to some people, but as you've heard me mention before, they set the tone. Plus, you can have a lot of fun with them! Most of my couples ask me what should be in the invitation? Sometimes you receive an invite that is bursting with information! Other times, it's a single piece of paper. While there are many things to keep in mind such as- is the wedding located in a remote area that requires directions? Are their meal choices? Who are your guests bringing as their plus one? A lot of these things can be done online know if you build your own wedding website. Always keep in mind some guests might be older and won't use the Internet, others will still enjoy getting "snail mail" (I am one of those people, I LOVE mail!)

Etiquette dictates that you should include the following:
  • A map or directions
  • A reception card (only if your ceremony and reception are in different areas or you are only inviting certain guests to a portion of the wedding)
  • Website information, should you go that route
  • Attire suggestions (IE: Black Tie, Lawn Friendly, etc)
  • Hotel & Travel information (especially important if you have a lot of out of towners)
  • Related Wedding Events, this would be included if you've decided to have things such as a "welcome dinner", a brunch, etc.
  •  The reply card, this is a must, you need to know how many people are coming and ensure the spelling of their name is correct!
  • SUPER IMPORTANT- it is considered bad taste to include any information about your registry. You should allow guests to ask that question if they are so inclined. Bringing up gifts in this capacity makes one look like their expecting certain things and it gives off a greedy vibe. Ask your family and friends to spread the word if you're worried people will want to know, it just sounds better coming from other people.

I hope you're all enjoying Toronto's first snow fall!! I know I sure am :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover