10/3/11

Inspirational Insight

I recently just stumbled across Lauren Conrad's blog. For those of you that don't know who she is, she got her start on the reality TV shows Laguna Beach and The Hills. Since then she has made countless television appearances, become a celebrated author and fashion designer AND has time to keep up a blog! I've thoroughly enjoyed checking out all of her ideas! I love her sense of style and find myself in awe of how absolutely lovely everything is. I find she is a very simple designer, all of her looks are clean and fresh! Lots of flowers, which, if you know me, you know I favor them (my boyfriend can't make fun of me enough for this).

I came across some of her tips for things to remember when purchasing a cake for any party or event. I thought they were such great things to remember, I thought I would share them with you today!

Lauren Conrad's Cake Shopping Tips!
Before ordering a cake for an event, consider these suggestions:
  1. Know your crowd. If you are catering to an extra large group, go with classic flavors such as chocolate and vanilla. When you are hosting a small get together with close friends, serve your favorite flavor along with an alternative classic dessert option, like vanilla ice cream, in case someone isn’t a fan of your flavor.
  2. Have a headcount. It’s important to know what size cake your event will require. Figure one and a half slices per person and work with a baker to estimate the appropriate size/quantity for your crowd. 
  3. Stay cost-conscious. Opt for standard shapes to avoid the extra charges associated with specialty shaped cakes. Requesting a heart-shaped cake over a square or circular cake can tack on an average of $50 or so!
  4. Optimize your options. Always taste a few different types of cake and frosting before making a decision. Most bakeries are happy to set up a sampling appointment when you are planning to make an order.
  5. Make it pretty. Taste is just as important as the aesthetics. Be sure the cake reflects the décor and feel of your event.

Look at how yummy her birthday cake was!!! MMM my mouth is watering!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover