7/12/11

Top 10 Tuesday's!

So my parents went to a big, beautiful wedding this past weekend and as always I immediately grilled them when they got in the door. What did the venue look like? What food was served? Was the band/DJ good? What did her dress look like? What was their first song?!?! There are so many elements about a wedding I love so much that I just revel in listening to other people describe weddings they've attended. Thankfully my parents know this about me, so they not only enthusiastically describe every detail, but they usually try to score some business cards and goodies for me!

I got to thinking, since there are so many elements that are tradition at most weddings, such as- seeing the bride for the first time as she walks up the aisle (this is my absolute favorite part, but I prefer to look at the groom's expression, it always just warms my heart) the first dance, the father daughter/mother son dance, the cake cutting, the flower & garter toss and of course the final dance before guests send the newlyweds on their way! So for the next little while I am going to be doing a plethora (you can thank my Dad for that huge word, he uses it often) of Top 10 Lists, really, what is more fun then a Top 10 List. Sometimes they will be a personal Top 10, but mostly I will research and grab lists from other websites. My hope is to give everyone some good ideas or too showcase things they are sometimes over used.

So lets get this started, this weeks Top 10 List is- Top 10 Father-Daughter Songs (so precious)
1. "My Girl" (The Temptations)
A crowd pleaser for the fun-loving bride and her dad.

2. "Butterfly Kisses" (Bob Carlisle)
This sweet country song is sure to bring tears to your eyes!

3. "Isn't She Lovely" (Stevie Wonder)
A classic hit that expresses the sentiment every dad feels on his little girl's wedding day.

4. "The Way You Look Tonight" (Frank Sinatra)
The traditional choice - how can you go wrong with Frank Sinatra?!

5. "How Sweet it is to be Loved by You" (James Taylor)
Unexpected, with an added bonus - it's easy to dance to!

6. "Walk With You" (Edwin McCain)
This hit from the much-beloved Edwin McCain is perfect for dads and daughters.

7. "I Hope You Dance" (Lee Ann Womack)
A little bit country... a whole lot of perfect for a father daughter dance.

8. "Because You Loved Me" (Celine Dion)
This classic song is a great choice for the traditional father daughter dance.

9. "Stealing Cinderella" (Chuck Wicks)
Listen to the words...a total tear-jerker!

10. "What a Wonderful World" (Louis Armstrong)
We couldn't forget about this popular father daughter dance song!
Here's a little secret, the song that I would like my Dad and I to dance to is on this list, I won't tell you which one, its a goodie though! I grabbed this list from GetMarried, which is a fabulous magazine with TONS of great ideas, I raved about it yesterday when I was overly excited about their article on food trucks, something I've blogged about before because I just think it is the neatest idea!
Hope you all enjoyed, if you have any Top 10's you're dying to know about please let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover