6/13/11

Cost Cutting Tips!-Marvelous Monday Edition

Ok! Happy Monday, I hope everyone had a great weekend! I spent the weekend up North at a lovely wedding! Congratulations again, Marc and Caroline! And thank you for letting me be a part of your special day.

Alright, lets get down to it! I've chatted about flowers and invitations, so what could be next?! Lets talk about place cards! This one is another easy one to really cut the cost on. Here are a few ideas:
  • Make you own! This one seems obvious, but I am here to help inspire creation, not point out the obvious. You don't even have to be overly creative for this one, you can keep them as simple as you'd like! Just remember, keep in theme with the rest of the wedding. If you've been crafty enough to make your own invitations, keep some of the paper for the place cards! I really like the idea of doing something kind of funky with them. Martha Stewart makes some really neat looking heart shaped place cards that could be done in any colour.
How cute are those little guys?
  • Double up the "place cards" (I put it in quotes, because they don't really need to be cards per say, you'll see what I mean.) Make them your centrepiece even! Or utilize them for something else. You can fill the little boxes with whatever you'd like. I personally like the idea of getting custom made M&M's (check out the website here- M&M) Now you're using these babies for a few different things and cost cutting all over the place!
  • Use things from around the home to whip them up, for Jodi & Shane's wedding I used wine bottle corks, had to keep it in line with the wine bottle centrepieces of course! But they were great to use, super simple and looked awesome! So get creative and use your imagination!
There are tons of fun things you can do with place cards, you don't need to spend a ton to get them professionally done. Lets be serious, they get looked at for a second and then thrown away at the end of the night. So spend the money where it counts! Food, music and drinks! I hope you all enjoyed these Marvelous Ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover