4/16/14

Wedi-quette Wednesday

On to another hump day, but, its a short week! I love short weeks and long weekends, like everyone else in the world, I'm sure! Since I'm sure most of you will be attending or hosting a celebration of sorts this week, I thought I would discuss hostess gifts. This is a topic I've chatted about before, because I really do think its quite important and not talked about enough! Everyone has their own stance and view on this subject, I think a lot of it has to do with the way you're brought up and what you're used too. For some it comes as second nature, for other's not so much.

Here is where I stand- I'm sure you're all dying to know! I think if you're invited to someone's house for dinner, you either ask what you can bring or bring a gift. Its really that simple. If the hostess replies "please just bring yourselves" she probably genuinely means that. I certainly mean that when I have people over. I genuinely expect nothing, if I am inviting people over, its usually family and its usually because I want them to relax and enjoy! However, if I am going somewhere I usually bring something. It can be super cheap and cheerful, you don't have to break the bank! If the hostess does not need me to bring anything, I will either bake her some goodies, bring some flowers (in season are always best and most cost effective) or a little treat I know she will like. This is all about being thoughtful and saying thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover