12/11/13

Weddi-quette Wednesday

Hump day has arrived y'all! Woo hoo! We are officially 14 sleeps away from christmas day! And in the spirit of of the season I have a question for you- have you done something kind for someone else lately? I realize it seems not overly event related, but recently I saw this video. It blew me away. What an amazing thing for WestJet to do! How magical! When you watch the video, notice all of the people it took to pull this crazy feat off! Amazing!

I think it can be very easy to get caught up in the hustle and bustle of the season, very easy! Its so busy!! The to-do lists seem so long, there is always something that has to get done, somewhere to be, someone to call. However, there are a lot of people out there that aren't busy or don't have the means to give their families the type of holiday that you or I are used to. Maybe the holiday season is hard for them for whatever reason, maybe they're just having a bad day. So I ask you, what have you done lately?

I'm not suggesting a grand gesture like giving away all of your time and money to charity, although, as a not-for-profit employee, that is very noble. I am asking you to get out of your own mind for a minute and hold the door for someone, offer a smile and a nice remark to the cashier at Starbucks, buy a homeless person a warm bowl of soup, offer your place in line for a parent that has their hands full, just send a little extra love out into the world. You know what the best part is? It feels amazing! Bringing joy to others is such a great feeling, I make a conscious do all of these things and the secret is, I am probably getting more out of it then them. I'm a true believer in you get what you give in life. So this holiday season, get out there and spread a little holiday cheer!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover